Senior Scientist / Senior Process Engineer, Process Technology & Applied Chemistry
Process Technology & Applied Chemistry team works mainly in the field of Borealis Base Chemicals and their process technologies. We are looking for a talented individual with a strong background in the field of Chemical engineering and/or Process Chemistry and/or Process Technology with strong focus on hydrocarbon technologies. The role is located in Stenungsund ethylene plant to be the key interface between Operations, Business and Innovation & Technology.
- Act as an expert in the field of Chemical engineering, Mechanical engineering, Process Chemistry and Process Technology
- Contribute to the development/improvement of Borealis Base chemical process technologies
- Initiates new R&D projects and identifies new R&D topics in the field of hydrocarbons
- Manages R&D projects according to Borealis project management standards. Ability to work/lead small teams
- Interacts strongly with colleagues in Operations and Business of Hydrocarbons, mainly with focus on Stenungsund, as well as in R&D
- Is responsible for research, technology and application development in line with our innovation objectives in the area of cracker technologies (furnace and downstream processes) and cracker related hydrocarbon technologies (unit operations, feed and product purification processes, material science challenges)
- Manages and/or realises research projects with universities or other partners
- Manages effort to implement internal solutions (different functions) and external solutions (customers)
- Take lead in translating technical concepts into sustainable improvements of Borealis base chemical technologies and development of products for customers
- Contributes to improve HSE&Q performance and to maintain highest HSE&Q standards
Knowledge, skills and experience
- PhD degree in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry or in case of master education, 7+ year experience in relevant fields
- Background/Experience in Chemical engineering, Mechanical engineering, Process Chemistry, Process Control and Process Technology
- Knowledge and understanding of Base Chemicals hydrocarbon processes
- Experience in heterogeneous catalysis, separation technologies of hydrocarbons, as well as cracking furnaces and material science
- Expertise in modelling and simulation tools
- Communication skills
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Lives and promotes Borealis values
- Innovative and creative
- Analytical and conceptual thinking
- Initiative and achievement orientation
- Customer oriented
- Teamwork, co-operation, networking & interpersonal relationships building
This position is located in Stenungsund and reports to René Dicke, Manager Process Technology & Applied Chemistry.
For more detailed information please contact René Dicke, tel +43 732 6981 3522. You are also welcome to contact Jenny Heinegren, HR, tel +46 732 313 549.
If you are interested in this position please apply at the latest October 30. We would like to have your application and CV online.
Borealis is a leading provider of innovative solutions in the fields of polyolefins, base chemicals and fertilizers. With headquarters in Vienna, Austria, Borealis currently employs around 6,500 and operates in over 120 countries. It generated EUR 8.3 billion in sales revenue in 2014. The International Petroleum Investment Company (IPIC) of Abu Dhabi owns 64% of the company, with the remaining 36% owned by OMV, the leading energy group in the European growth belt. Borealis provides services and products to customers around the world in collaboration with Borouge, a joint venture with the Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC).