Lead Engineer Application Hall Pilot Compounding Linz
As a member of the Pilot Compounding team the primary purpose of this role is to ensure and maintain the highest technical level in compounding technology and processing, to build up technical competence in the responsible fields for the whole company and to provide a step change in innovation in accordance with the business strategy of the company. The job holder shall ensure a professional and efficient technical request service to our internal and external customers. The job holder acts as a role model according to the HSE principles of Borealis and our values “Responsible”, “Respect”, “Exceed” and “Nimblicity”.
- Ensure high safety standards, a safe workplace and scientific high quality test results in the Application Hall Pilot Compounding
- Independently plan, conduct and analyse specialised trials and processes
- Independently develop and lead process improvements in compounding
- Actively contribute to process transfers and scaling up/down at plants
- Develop and implement new test methods, technologies and working practices.
- Lead investment projects respectively provide technical input/direction for investment projects
- Lead continuous improvement projects and safety initiatives
- Lead trials and document the results for scientific contributions to innovation projects, patents or international publications
- Provide sound technical expertise to our external and internal customers
- Actively contribute to internal networks in responsible field and participate in external co-operations with institutes and universities,customers and machinery suppliers
- Ensure legal compliance and conduct necessary studies e.g. riskanalysis, MOC, Vexat, etc.
- Give presentations and trainings on compounding related topics andcommunicate direction, engage and inspire people
- Guide external customers and other visitors through the ApplicationHall Pilot Compounding
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- College education in polymer processing (MSc) or (BSc) withexperience in compounding
- Knowledge about polyolefin structure properties and their relationship with end material performance
- Good language skills in both English and German
- Excellent communication (presentations, reports, etc.) andnetworking skills
- HSE awareness and commitment
- Analytical and conceptual thinking
- Innovative and achievement orientated
- Team player and networking (multiple co-operations acrossorganisations)
- Open to new tasks and challenges
- Customer oriented and service minded
This position reports to: Manager Pilot Compounding
We offer a competitive compensation based on the collective labour agreement chemical industry starting at EUR 46.400,- annual gross salary. In addition, we offer a yearly bonus and a voluntary company pension plan.
For more detailed information please contact Ernst Zopf, Manager Pilot Compounding, Tel.: +43 (0)664 5135004 or Barbara Hofer, Area HR Manager InnoTech, Tel.: +43 (0) 664 887 12 130.
If you are interested in this position and meet most of the above mentioned requirements please apply online and attach your CV.