Lead Engineer Application Hall Conversion, Linz
As a member of the Application Hall Conversion team the primary purpose of this role is to ensure and maintain the highest technical level on polymer processing technology, to build up technical competence in the responsible fields for the whole company and to provide a step change in innovation in accordance with the business strategy of the company. The job holder shall ensure a professional and efficient technical request service to our internal and external customers. The job holder acts as a role model according to the HSE principles of Borealis and our values “Responsible”, “Respect”, “Exceed” and “Nimblicity”.
- Ensures high safety standards, a safe workplace and scientific high quality test results in the Application Hall Conversion
- Provides sound technical expertise to our external and internal customers
- Independently plans, conducts and analyses non-standardised investigations
- Independently develops and conducts state-of-the-arts tests
- Develops and implements new test methods, application techniques and working practices according to international standards and/or customer needs
- Advanced scientific polymer processing and documentation of the results leading to scientific contributions to innovation projects, patents or international publications
- Key contact representing the conversion team to our external customers (before, during and after customer trials)
- Guides external customers and other visitors through the Application Hall Conversion
- Plans, contacts and evaluates Round Robins and method evaluations (repeatability and reproducibility)
- Actively contribute to harmonising Borealis test methods in IOS and QC networks
- Provides technical input/direction for investment projects
- Leads continuous improvement projects and safety initiatives
- Actively contributes to internal IOS networks in responsible field and participates in external cooperation’s with institutes and universities, customers and machinery suppliers
- Communicates direction, engages and inspires people
- Ensure legal compliance and conduct necessary studies e.g. risk analysis, MOC, Vexat, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- College education in polymer processing (MSc) or (BSc) with five years´ experience in relevant area
- Good language skills in both English and German
- Sound experience in polymer processing technologies (e.g. injection moulding, film and pipe extrusion)
- Excellent communication (presentations, reports, etc.) and networking skills
- HSE Awareness and Commitment
- Analytical and conceptual thinking
- Innovation, Achievement Orientation
- Team Leadership
- Team- and networking (multiple co-operations across organisations)
- Developing Others
- Organisational and cultural awareness
This position reports to: Group Leader Application Hall Conversion
We offer a competitive compensation based on the collective labour agreement chemical industry starting at EUR 46.400,- annual gross salary. In addition, we offer a yearly bonus and a voluntary company pension plan.
For more detailed information please contact Harald Zöbl, Group Leader Application Hall Conversion, Tel.: +43 (0)664 8266733 or Barbara Hofer, Area HR Manager InnoTech, Tel.: +43 (0) 664 887 12 130.
If you are interested in this position and meet most of the above mentioned requirements please apply online and attach your CV.