Project/Engineering Manager Antwerpen/Kallo
- Responsible for project management of all final studies and projects < 1,5 MEUR
- Responsible for operational excellence performance of the engineering unit Antwerpen/Kallo
- Ensures studies and projects in Antwerpen/Kallo are executed in line with local legislation and company targets and operating principles
- Responsible for company competence development in line with technical development and engineering group wide strategy
- Ensure all activities are done and reported according to national HSE laws and Borealis HSE management System
- Assure all HSE issues within engineering activities are tackled during any phase of work including handling emergency situations
- Ensure the project is executed in accordance with Borealis procedures
- Default project manager for all final studies and investments with < 1.5MEUR - possible project manager for final studies and investments between 1,5 and 10 MEUR
- Main task is to ensure studies and projects are executed within the quality, time frame and budget as approved by the approval bodies
- · Lead and manage the engineering activities in order to increase effectiveness and efficiency
- · Manage the local Engineering partner(s) in most efficient way by balancing short and long term effectiveness and efficiency
- · Ensure project management systems (reporting, budget control, planning, staffing, QA) are in place and trained, improved and updated when needed
- · Pro active involvement in local asset development activities in order to assure flawless project execution and lessons learned are taken into consideration
- · Identify and drive knowledge sharing in engineering execution in order to capture any opportunity to increase effectiveness.
- · Identify Engineering process improvements in close cooperation with OPEX (Operational Excellence) manager Engineering.
- Recruitment and competence development of direct reports in order to assure an effective leadership and technical expertise.
- Manage the annual people calendar such as performance management, people day, people survey,) in a professional way in order to assure a competent and motivated workforce.
- Drives competence development of technical development & engineering in the location in order to assure that at any time the required competence and manning is available
Ensure the customer requirements for engineering projects are understood in the organization
Close cooperation with technical development team, HSE, Procurement , plant managers, PA managers, TA manager, Opex managers
- Master degree from acknowledged university , or equivalent
- Excellent knowledge of English at business level
- 8-10 year experience in engineering management and/or operational environment
- Understanding of the industry, suppliers and customers
- Excellent knowledge and experience of manufacturing, maintenance and preferably in engineering
- Proven ability to manage change projects and monitoring complexity
- This position reports to the Technical Development & Engineering Manager Antwerpen/Kallo
- Location Antwerpen
- The deadline for applicants is September 16th
For more information, please contact Ann Van Zele (+3235705220)
If you are interested in this position, please send your cv with motivation letter to Walter Janssens, HR Manager Antwerpen/Kallo, .